Fast! Safe! Pain Free!
Non-Surgical Weight Loss Procedure
Performed by Board Certified Gastroenterologist
A safe, effective, non-surgical weight loss procedure
Recently approved for use in the U.S., the intragastric balloon procedure has been used successfully in Canada, Mexico, Australia, India and several European and South American countries for years.
This minimally invasive, non-surgical weight-loss system uses a gastric balloon that occupies space in the stomach. The balloon is placed into the stomach through the mouth using a simple endoscopic procedure while the patient is under mild sedation. Once in place, the balloon is filled with a harmless saline solution so that it expands and takes up space in the patient’s stomach, reducing feelings of hunger and limiting food intake.
No incisions, no stitches and no scars. This procedure does not limit your activities and there are no food restrictions. Best of all, it is not permanent, with much less risk than surgical weight loss procedures.
Our highly qualified physicians have been specially trained in this procedure
The Orbera Intragastic Balloon Procedure is only available at select medical practices from physicians who have undergone specialized training. The procedure is not right for everybody, but for many people this safe, non-surgical procedure works quickly and effectively.
At Gastromed Healthcare, our caring physicians will develop a program incorporating supervised diet, exercise and behavior modification so that your results will be long lasting – and life changing.
Do you qualify for gastric balloon therapy?
The Intragastric Balloon Procedure is ideally suited for patients who:
- Have a BMI between 30 and 40
- Have been unable to achieve their weight loss goals through diet and exercise
- Are uncomfortable with, or ineligible for, other types of weight loss surgery
- Are willing to participate in a medically supervised diet and behavior modification program
- Are considered to be at least 25 pounds overweight
Conditions that would prevent a patient from having the Intragastric Balloon Procedure include:
- Previous gastrointestinal surgery
- Any inflammatory disease of the gastrointestinal tract
- Potential upper gastrointestinal bleeding or other congenital anomalies
- Large hiatal hernia or structural abnormality in the larynx or esophagus
- Any condition that would hinder endoscopy
- Unwillingness to participate in the supervised diet and behavior modification program
- Drug or alcohol addiction
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Past or present psychological disorders
- Regular use of anticoagulants, aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, or any other gastric irritants
Are you ready to make a change with the balloon weight loss procedure?
If you meet the above criteria and are ready to take charge of your weight and health, Please contact us and schedule your FREE consultation at 908-231-1999.
Intragastric balloon procedures are generally not covered by insurance. Alternative financing methods are available through Prosper Health.